Thursday, March 19, 2009

THE DRIVE THAT DROVE ME CRAZY!!

THE DRIVE THAT DROVE ME CRAZY!!!

I always dreamt of a guy..(luks no preference)the only thing that is important is his nature..finally v ought to live with the nature of the person and not the looks...One day i was planin my day out with my sis n my cousin n had to leave 4 my hostle the very next day...when my mum came in my room n said u not going anywhere which came as a surprise to me...n the surprise was followed by a shock when my mother said a guy is comin 2 c u today 4 the marriage stuff...i was taken back...mariage..no i have not even thought of it yet...marriage is no option on my mind...but when my cousins n sis insisted i was ready to meet him with the idea that i'l definitely say no even if hez the best guy i always carved for...I got dressed in a very simple way wanted to be my real self...with out any make up n made up...

Finally the clock struk 3 the time when we were supposed to meet and had to go to a near by shrine..my elder sis n my younger brother were with me...

When i steped outa my home i couldnt believe i was so nervous that i couldnt even walk properly...(the fact is i dont know how to walk still this time it was worse)....
I had already taken a promise from my sis that i wont talk to him in private..u know i was not willin to get engaged in any sort of relation when i was so busy with my studies..wanted to devote all the time to my studies..

Finally the guy was in front of me..he was tall...good lukin..healthy guy..the thing i liked most was that he was fair..fair skined..wow..but then he was healthy..or else in other words can say hez fat..

N What i hear he wants to talk to me alone is normal and my sister said yes...but she promised me..with a blink of eye and an innocent face she softly said plz...plz go...

And we went for a drive...a drive of a life time..a drive i can never forget...

The first thing he asked me was about my school..whr i have done my schoolin from..n than do i know cookin n can i speak kashmiri...he gave a short intro of himself..although i was not impressed..(to impress me is a tough job in itself) i was told he has done masters but he was simple graduate...haa...graduate..i wanted my man to b very intelectual...actually to be everythin i'm not..like fair..that he was but intelectual cannot be measured by his dergee so ok..will do...He asked me about the last movie i watched and if i will want to get settled in kashmir at any point of time..i didnt want to but luck u cannot challenge so i didnt argue..any how i was about to say no..afterall that is what i had decided...

While coming back he said hez fine with me and will be lookin forward to spend the life with me..oh god please...but then i was lil happy..and to be honest with the honest guy i said need some time to think over...

We were back..met his mum..n went to my sis..told her he is good but i dont want to get married yet...the answer was given by my brother one day or the other u have to get married then why not now..But then hez fat i argued..tell me about his nature ammy..face is no issue i'l ask him to loose weight for u..said my sis..
Ammy: I cannot decided n judge him in 10 mins drive...
sis: This ih how u ought to do in arranged marriage...like a gamble u have to play..win n lose is upto almighty Allah..
Ammy: Ok atleast u can gimmi sum time to think ova..lets go home n talk..sis:Thatz better...
On the road side was the guyz mother happy n excited..n said its a yes from our side...it didnt make much diference to me i knew the answer..he had told me this before hand...:):)

Finally we went back home..everyone was waitin for us there..my uncles aunts grandfather/mother cousins..the place was full of relatives in short..n my sister shouted mubarak..mubarak...

Everyone started shaking hands and hugging each other...but i didnt say yes i believe..wat is this mubarak stuff all about...but then i was happy to c everyones bright faces and the sparkin smiles..

My father came to me n asked me u think over it again take your time there is no pressure, give your answer when u ready n i said no dad..i dont need time im ready..hes good..

2 comments:

  1. Hm.. succumbing to family pressure, is what I have never believed in. but today I wud say, may be because i have never been into such a situation. I dunno How I wud react, but one thing is for sure, I would never give into something because other want it, i'll do what they want me to, but that too has to be on some of my terms. Its my life after all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very true nidhi..but at times u flunk to understand how to react and let the situation handle it..and leave everything to fate.. + there seemed no such reason as not to say yes..xcept 4 that she was not ready to get married..but the guy ova all semed gud...

    ReplyDelete